The e-procurement system is designed to take the procurement process to the next level through appropriate use of ICT. The services provided under the project include:
1. Improved efficiency through reduced cycle time for processing tenders.
2. Saving in costs and time, as there is no need to publish tender notice in newspapers.
3. Since bidders participate with anonymity, there is no scope for cartel formation.
4. Those who want to tender can participate freely and fearlessly in a fair environment.
5. Transparency in the process of tendering.
6. Improvement in work culture in all the participating departments.
7. Build-up of valuable database on goods, services, works and contractors.
8. Economies of scale due to aggregation of requirements.
9. Improved access to procurement information and analytical reports.
In other words, administrators, politicians, suppliers and citizens will reap the benefits of transparency, efficiency, cost savings, monitoring & control, transactional effectiveness and improved accessibility.
At the government level, the unitary e-procurement system is expected to result in:
Enhanced monitoring, leading to timely completion of projects.
Timely procurements & supplies .
Better procurement planning.