Reputed firms/companies that NISG empanels in accordance with an established procedure through an annual empanelment process are involved in different areas of e-governance on a case by case basis. The areas include:-
- Strategic planning: Developing programs, strategies, framework, program management units etc.
- Project consultancy: Conceptualizing a project; architecting functions, technology, people, process and resource; designing solutions around commercial off the shelf/enterprise applications; preparing business models, request for proposal and tender documents as well as bid process management.
- Project implementation: Managing and monitoring a project (including service level), handling issues, and undertaking mid-term appraisal.
- Post-implementation support: Evaluating and appraising a project; conducting security and application audit; and performing quality assurance checks.
- Strategic HR: Assessing capacity and analyzing gaps; building capacity and augmenting it through methodologies for sourcing highly skilled manpower.
- Process re-engineering: Identifying stakeholder needs; studying government processes to effect improvements; and designing change management plans as well as organizational restructuring strategies in sync with government processes identified for reengineering.
- Research & analysis: Assessing socio-economic impact of ICT initiatives; identifying leading technologies for use in solution design; examining the impact of large e-government projects that have been implemented; adopting open standards, and preparing case studies.
The work is awarded to the consulting companies through a close bid process. The decision to invite bids from firms is discretionary in nature and proposals are invited only from the agencies which are deemed fit to carry out a particular scope of work.